Sunday, February 1, 2009

Elevating Science, Elevating Democracy

Wanted to post an essay written in The New York Times by Dennis Overbye about science. I really, really like it.

Elevating Science, Elevating Democracy

That's all for now. My professor just wrote me an email (I've been scamming for letters of rec) that said we haven't had a good long chat in a while, and then ended with, "Who are you, Jo?" Good question. If she'd asked me two weeks ago, the answer probably would have been different. Ever-changing, ever-contradicting. Like the Tao? Doubtful.

Also just wrote another old prof about life, which makes me not want to write more here. Sorry. You lose out.

Classes start tomorrow. And GO CARDINALS!

1 comments:

Peyton said...

about the green beans... i'll forgive you! I talked about you last night. I was telling someone about how you enjoy enlightening waiters at outback on the status of cow's diets in america. I just wanted you to know that I love exactly whoever you are so much! I'm so glad that you are going to be representing me on my wedding day! From the girl that was kicked out of a strip club, to the girl that used to come and plop down in my room just to talk, to the girl that wants to change the world (and probably will)... Don't worry about the future. I'm sure you and everything else will turn out just fine :)

Post a Comment