Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Haha, more procrastination

Well, I am trying to get things done for this application but it's happening very slowly because I get distracted SO EASILY. But, one thing is cool and the other is both awkward and humorous. We'll start with the awkward first:

So I was looking for an email with the contact info of an old prof (I've mentioned him here before, and he was the one who made me apply to IHP), and came across a few emails we'd exchanged. One he asked for info about my trip abroad, so I gave him the link to my website. However, he apparently kept reading blog posts post-trip and mid-summer, and had this to say in one email:

"I have to sheepishly admit that I read a number of your blog entries -
first with traveler's envy and intellectual fascination, and then with
mortification. I'm sincerely sorry to hear about your
more-than-unfortunate history with the bloke that you discussed early on.
Though I strongly recommend sticking to your own sex, do know that there
are some good guys out there. Search in the benevolent margins & shadows
of society; good guys generally don't like to announce themselves."

So awkward. And so funny. I just had to share. I don't think I responded to that email either, because what was I going to say? "Thanks for the relationship advice, professor?" It just seemed weird. But nice that he cared to say "Get away." And also suggested that I become a lesbian. Haha, it was like something my dad would say, except he wouldn't really mean it.

Anyway, on to the cool stuff. Now, I do not plan on ever getting married. Gov't keeping tabs, religion and gov't mixing, religion/gov't keeping some people from enjoying benefits of marriage, and I would rather wake up every day knowing the person I was with chose to be with me that day rather than because it would be expensive to decide otherwise. To keep my explanation short. But should I get married, or maybe just get a ring from someone one day, this is the type of ring I want:

Isn't it amazing? This one in particular is rosewood with an ash inlay. Or if I wanted to get all fancy:


Gorgeous, right? The last one there has a mother of pearl inlay. You can find more wooden rings here, and you should read more about the company, too. It's quite interesting...

Oh crap! Gotta go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment