Sunday, February 15, 2009

In other news...

I just wanted to post some links I found on solar panels. Because it excites me. They've been borrowing ideas from plants to enable panels to store and utilize lower levels of sunlight. Also, scientists have created solar panels on a nano-scale so that it can be applied to fabric, etc.

Also, when I was talking to my dad about biomimicry, expressing my opinion that perhaps we as humans should get off of our high horse since basically everything that we've invented has been done before, and done better. I mean, maybe the one thing nature hasn't done is the atomic bomb... but I'm not so sure that's something we should brag about.

Anyway, when I explained this, my dad agreed and said, "you're right, it has been done before, we haven't really come up with anything new." And I replied that maybe we should take a lesson from the billions of years the earth has been here and organisms that have survived in collaboration with other organisms, rather than to their detriment. My dad said, "Yes, you're right. But maybe they had a better engineer."

Now, obviously he was referring to God. So I'm not sure which says more about my spirituality: That it had never occurred to me to think of it like that, or that when he said it, I found the statement to be utterly profound.

1 comments:

Peyton said...

He's a wise man. ;)

Post a Comment