Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I had to clean my room

I had to clean my room today.  It looked like a mix between a frat house and the movie Signs. 

Let me explain.  I hate doing laundry.  I really like folding laundry.  But everything else-- separating clothes, putting them away-- kill me now.  So, to avoid this menial task, I tend to put off doing laundry for as long as possible.  I will buy more underwear and have stocked extra bedsheets for this very reason. 

In fact, just last week I thought I had beaten the system after not having done laundry in... well, I shouldn't tell you.  But I walked into Wild Wing and told Tonya smugly that I hadn't done laundry because I'd figured a way out.  She (slightly disgusted, I'm sure) asked, "how?"

"I unpacked my winter clothes."  Oh yes, I'm brilliant.

And even though, every time I do laundry, I end up donating two bags of clothes to GW or NKF, it doesn't matter.  It still piles up.  So after piling up clothes in my closet, I had to start piling it up on the side of my bed, and in trash bags, and... well, you get the idea.  Hence the frat house look.  The smell is debatable.  (Are you completely not wanting to be my friend anymore?  I don't blame you, I am a slob 33% of the time. Luckily for house/roommates, I keep it confined to my personal space.)

The reference to Signs is much simpler, and while you may think it's because the smell might attract aliens and the mess would give them good hiding places, it's really just because I'm obsessed with drinking water.  So there are half empty glasses, bottles, mason jars, etc. of water on every flat surface.  At least it's not beer bottles.   Then it really would be a frat house and would definitely smell like one.

So I'm cleaning.  The End.  You may throw up now.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment