Sunday, March 7, 2010

A long time ago...

I had this blog that I updated...

So a lot has happened since my last blog post.  I moved to Boston (Cambridge, actually, which is way cooler), I got a big girl job, and I'm starting tomorrow.  What a whirlwind!


So I'll be working for a research company full-time in the domestic health division.  Pretty excited about it.  I'm going to be an adult!  I am going to get regular paychecks! I am going to wake up before 7am five days a week!

Yeah, not really excited about that last one.  But this job legit fell in my lap and, knowing the number of college graduates who are out there begging for a job in their field of work, I was so lucky it found me.  The best part about it is moving back to Boston was not a mistake.  I love it when I make good decisions.  Plus, I'm pretty sure my parents are proud of me, and that's a really great feeling.  Second best part: getting a college education was not a mistake.  Taking out ridiculous loans to go to Wellesley was not a mistake.  Thank goodness.

But let's talk about my wonderful friends!  I had such a great time this weekend, and I'm so so glad (and so lucky) that I have wonderful, amazing ones who know me so well.  Another plus of having great friends is that they introduce you to their other great friends.  And I am loving it.  Seriously, I'm going to have these guys find me a husband.  Unless they try to put me on The Bachelorette.  Seriously, it's been discussed.  And vetoed.  Really, I think it's because they knew about my plan to have them arrange my marriage, and they didn't want all that work.  And because they would want to watch my awkward interactions on television. 

Welp, I don't know what to update about at this point, and it's definitely getting late and I have to get up SO early.  What am I going to wear?  Will they like me?  What am I going to pack for lunch?

It's like first-day-of-school-jitters. 

Oh, shout out to Peyton-- I got your wedding shirt in the mail, and seriously it is my new favorite thing in the whole wide world.  "EST. 2009"?  LOVE IT. 

Let's also have a throwback to the Johanna quizzes-- I had a great question and only one friend has gotten it so far (I knew she was a bosom friend!):  What is the only part of my body that I think is actually, legitimately fat? 

Also, do 401(k)s exist in the event that you are a horrible person and no one will love you or take care of you when you're old and you're going to live alone eating Chinese takeout on your bed every night until death takes you? Just wondering.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment